Stage 1- Desired Results
Teachers will gain the necessary skills to initiate the flipped classroom with station rotation in their elementary grade level and content specific classrooms.
Teachers will get all the information they need to implement the flipped classroom and station rotation from the Professional Development (PD) that will discuss the following:
- Personalization after the initial PD
- Support during implementation
- Collaborate teams
- Time Management
Teachers will understand …
- Terminology of the flipped classroom.
- The concept behind the flipped classroom and station rotation.
- Implementation time will take as needed.
- The need to create an environment where technology is used as a resource.
- Technology will not be used to play games that are not evolving student’s learning.
- What is the flipped classroom and station rotation?
- How is the flipped classroom and station rotation going to benefit students?
- How will I implement this is my classroom?
- Where can we find resources for this initiative?
- Will there be support for teachers?
|Teachers will know…
- Content for their instructional videos.
- What platform they will host their instructional videos.
- Who they can talk to about resources and ideas for the station rotation.
|Teachers will be able to…
- Create instructional videos.
- Create stations that involve technology.
- Collaborate with other teachers.
- Be able to implement a flipped classroom and station rotation with support.
Stage 2- Assessment Evidence
- Flipped Classroom instructional videos
- Create stations that involve using technology to enhance student’s learning.
- Collaboration between teachers.
- Develop a growth mindset about learning with technology.
- Teacher observation
- Bi-weekly meetings to reflect and discuss what is going on in their classrooms.
Stage 3- Learning Plan
|Beginning of the year:
- Initial PD for all faculty to create a group of teachers who will initiate the flipped classroom with station rotation in their classrooms.
- Inform the faculty during the PD of the following:
- How it it will be personalized to to their classroom needs
- Support will be provided to start and continue the initiative
- A collaborative team that will occasionally meet
During the school year:
- Bi-weekly meeting with the whole initiative group to talk about progress and to reflect.
- Discuss what additional support they need to continue with the initiative.
- Discuss collaboration between teachers.
- At the beginning of monthly faculty meetings, share what is going on with the initiative with the rest of the faculty.
End of school year:
- Have other teachers sign-up to implement the flipped classroom with station rotation for the upcoming school year.
- Discuss goals for the upcoming school year with the initiative group
- Have a faculty meeting and share the progress made with the initiative with the rest of the faculty.